Thread: General: - Help!! have I bought a lemon?!?
View Single Post
Old Dec 6th, 2013, 18:22   #163
Bill_56
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savabill View Post
I just don't think it's right to have a car that is less than 3 years old and let it get Into that state. As bill56 said, "it was unloved". I have had cars 10 years older than that, with less things wrong. I'm pretty sure that you will have done. Didn't mean any offense.
From my point of view it was clearly feeling unloved by previous owner. Evidenced by the fact that, in my own 'pampering' ownership, doubling the age & mileage at which it was purchased, it has needed nothing whatsover doing to it, other than those warranty items that were outstanding at purchase. That's why it seemed a shame that the dealer didn't appear to have checked it out much at all.

The Steering angle sensor Dim warning, in particular, was popping up at least once a day, so I'm very surprised it didn't show up in the diagnostic checks I thought they were supposed to do when preparing under the 'selekt' scheme.

The wheel bearing 'whine', despite two new bearings, actually turned out in the end to be mainly tyre noise that was cured by a full 4-wheel alignment. Which would suggest the selling dealer could have tried harder when checking that out too. Or even, that they never checked it at all.

I paid for the alignment myself (about £100 iirc, including camber & rear toe adjustment) as nearly a year has passed before I had it done, and it would have been impossible to prove it had been incorrect at time of purchase.
Bill_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill_56 For This Useful Post: