View Single Post
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 14:49   #10
beachcomber550
Beachcomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post
Although I can't help but thinking that by the time you'd sourced two decent cars and done all the work, you'd be just as well looking for a nice 245 and paying the RFL. Bear in mind too that a decent B230-engined car will probably return into the mid 30's mpg (my 740 did easily 35 average), whereas you'll be lucky to see the north side of 20 mpg with the B30 auto. Added to that, the B30 if fuel-injected will either need a carb-conversion or you'll quickly be learning all about just how unsophisticated the Bosch D-Jet system was, how little anyone knows about it now, and how hard some of the key bits are to buy these days!

Cheers

Jack
No, missing the point Jack ............. I ALREADY have excellent 850 and Citroen C5 estates. IF I was HAPPY paying the RFL - I'd just keep them !

Engine is not an issue as either a Rover V8 or a PVR lump will find it's way in there - LPG of course. Not concerned about BW35 as I used to deal with a guy who can beef them up and fit manual valve bodies.

To make sense, it must be a 140 series [ age wise ] - and it would appear from the valuable feedback, that a 165 is virtually like looking for Hen's teeth.

I've had probably 6 or 7 Volvo estates over the years and found them to be rugged and fun to drive. I am a Hot Rodder at heart, but do like the idea of preserving the external sillouette - known as a "Resto-Rod". Or in old parlance - a "Q Car".

The other grill shape I like is the early 140's .... again, am I looking for Hen's Teeth ?

Either way, I would thank everyone for their input - what a forum is all about !
beachcomber550 is offline   Reply With Quote