Thread: Engine: 3.2: - 07 xc90 headaches
View Single Post
Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 16:22   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashi View Post
hello guys, so this is the deal I have an 07 xc90 fwd 3.2 in my shop atm and I think ill be having nightmares for the next year. SO this car was bought at an auction so I'm going through and doing maintenance and fixing codes. As it sits now it has an insane amount of vacuum in the engine. If I let it run it squeals after a few minutes from it trying to suck air from any opening. It's giving me bank 1 system too lean and bank 2 system to lean codes. I made sure the lines from the fuel tank were clear, no kinks in any hoses, I thought it may be the pcv system clogged but this is the first year they used the 3.2 and I can't find it... I'm at a complete loss here, this is the first Volvo I've done work on and I'm not sure which way is up at this point. ANY help would be greatly appreciated I don't even have the all data info for this car because they generally don't come in....
you need to change the breather/oilfilter housing assembly it has a vacuum regulator which seems to be stuck open ...