View Single Post
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 13:41   #48
KOPE

Default misfire woes

Well the complete story goes, I got the car with a misfire, bought a obd2 reader, it read the maf was dead so I replaced that and it is showing on the obd2, but it does not start very well, and obd2 says faults 1310,p0301, p0303, I have swapped the coils over, Oh my engine is a 2000, 2ltr non turbo, with 2 coils, no difference, swapped plugs no difference swapped injectors same, the ems light doesn't come on after reset until I rev it, after stopping the engine and pressing the fuel pressure regulator shraeder valve there is no pressure, is this correct? and when running there is pressure but only a low pressure, what is it supposed to be? I did a compression test and got 175 psi after a build up of 8 rev's, not that I wish this on anybody but has anyone had the same problem and what was the fix, I assume the vvt is supposed to be on the inlet side on my engine as the ones I have seen in the manual are fitted on the exhaust side, on the solenoid it has inlet cast on it, bring back a nice reliable side valve lol.
KOPE is offline   Reply With Quote