View Single Post
Old Mar 4th, 2014, 10:12   #8
polsesnabb

Default Airbag OK

By 2009 the XC60 was brand new. It is quite common, regardless of brand, that cars have more faults in their first year(s) of production. Having had several other cars of different brands and age, I could not say Volvo is worse or better than others. A leak from top of the windshield on several cars within a particular time of production, could be a singular employee-, robot-, or even the primerīs fault. Iīm not too worried about the car in general-, let alone the whole brand, being useless. That said, on my first XC60 (MY10), I had several complaints, but all fixed under warranty. These were either Parking sensors or BLIS camera, the latter caused me many returns to the dealer, and several unsuccessful repairs.

On the upside: Windshields are worn, just like other parts on the car. If you swap it at 140.000 km it might be a good idea, regardless of the leak. I have swapped windshields on all my cars after 70-80.000. This due to wear from wipers and cracks from small pebbles.

As for the airbag, you should not worry. They are more robust than that, and there should be a warning message if it was out of order.
polsesnabb is offline   Reply With Quote