View Single Post
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 12:22   #17
Melody121

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
This is an interesting idea and I will be watching the progress.

Not my cup of tea taking a backwards step in engine size and power but if all you want is a more modern engine with fuel injection then there are merits to this. The 1.8 would have probably been a better bet. The loss of torque is my biggest concern with this.

The Japs do make good engines and I can see the attraction. At least its not another wasted effort fitting a cruddy pinto engine, that is one conversion that does spoil a car considering that the Ford boys fit Volvo engines!

It does look like it is all going to fit in ok, just try and give yourself a bit of time after it is fitted to iron out any bugs.
I do want to put some miles on it before the trip but I have a week off at the beginning of July so hopefully that will be when it actually gets finished

I understand the concerns about engine size, power and tourque. My thoughts are that the more modern engine doesn't need to be as large to produce the same power figures, I really like this engine in particular and the gear change on the box is divine I had an MX5 forr a while and have driven plenty! .
There is a risk I'll slow the car down (in terms of tourqe) but there are turbo, supercharger and NOS kits that will just bolt on to this engine and it's a strong engine that will cope with that just fine. Granted it doesn't have as much tourque as the B20 it does however have 2000RPM more so I think this will compensate and in terms of driving experiance I'm pretty sure the B20 isn't running the same power as it did 50 years ago.... However, the proof will be in the pudding. I will let you all know what it's like to drive after

Who knows it might be rubbish lol but its an experiance and I'm not doing anything that can't be reversed!
Melody121 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melody121 For This Useful Post: