View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 06:25   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthews View Post
Hi folks,

Driving along normally today in my MY2009 D5 auto when suddenly the "Engine system service required" warning message came up and the car appeared to go into limp-home mode. I say "appeared" because acceleration was severely curtailed and there was a distinct lack of power when tackling hills...

It seems to me that the Hi-Pressure Turbo isn't kicking in - and I can hear a "whoosh" of air (a bit like somebody pursing their lips and exhaling) when I press the throttle to invoke it...

Hooking up my fault code reader, I get a "P00BD" error code, which apparently means "Mass or Volume Air Flow 'A' Circuit Range/Performance - Air Flow Too High", although that's just a generic OBD-II description...

When I got home I cleared the fault code, took the car out again and it drove normally for a couple of miles but then the error message and "whooshing" noise reappeared...

Other than that, everything else appears normal.

So my guess is that the Mass Air Flow has developed a fault (or is simply clogged up?) which has led to a turbo pipe splitting. Does that sound feasible?

--

Many thanks in advance!

Dave
No not feasable at all , you have a turbo hose split , most likely one of the hoses going to/from the intercooler , they tend to rub on the subframe when expanded under pressure .