View Single Post
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 12:29   #30
DC850
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egor View Post
Sorry for taking so long to come back to you on this, I have been very busy with various things and haven't been using the computer for non work stuff for weeks.

Anyway as green van man said, you only get the double flash on the turn signal indicator light on the dash if a bulb has blown.(you don't even get the little green trailer light anymore) nothing for brake lights! nothing if you disconnect the caravan from the car! so all in all it is no further advanced than cars decades old!! So I went to my local dealer and spoke to them at length, apparently the new TCM (trailer control module) is all about caravans that have LED side lights (as my van does) apparently without this new TCM the led lights 'can' play funny buggers and come on and off with other lights i.e. indicators, brakes and so on, they can also strobe as well. So my money was not a wasted however I do think that things should be a wee bit more advanced in 2014!! the master tech did point out that although I have a fairly modern van that is kept in good order, I could also pull an old rusty trailer out of a field with dodgy electrics, so the car would have a very difficult job of knowing what was happening unless all trailer electrics were made and operated to the same standard. So I guess he has a point.

Gregor
So no indication should the plug fall out or cable snapping due to not enough slack on a tight turn, that could happen on a trip and you'll be non the wiser that your trailer/caravan has no lights oh well we move on or do we?
DC850 is offline   Reply With Quote