View Single Post
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 00:03   #613
Iamtheonlyreal1
Trader

Just to be clear, there was not breakage for failures at all, and the car was still being driven after the high speed off road abuse without notice, so it was really only during maintenance and inspection because it was so slight. This was a noticed deficiency due to what I am putting this car through, which is not Horsepower Related at all (Running 600+ horsepower with Instant heavy Torque). I don't think that the majority of the people will be abusing or testing their cars to this extent, but I want anyone that wants to have the capability to do so.

When I say that the normal or spirited/race driving is not a problem, I mean that daily driving and track use is fine as is, but I can see where improvements being made will ensure better Off Track Incident strength and an overall better part. How many cars can run off the track and hit a curb or large potholes at up to triple digit mph and not have some sort of deflection or flex? There is a huge difference between slight distortion and catastrophic failure, so I want to be clear on that Volvo X has never been down or immobile on or off the track due to what I am explaining here. Hell, I have already had to get my wheels straightened out twice due to the hits, and these wheels are not cheap lightweights, so I will probably need another set once the car is retired from track use. I will say this though, I have no extra bracing in the body of this car, and there isn't any flex during racing or track maneuvers. lol

Classic Auto Glass Innovations
Flush Mount Glass
Classicautoglassinnovations.com

Last edited by Iamtheonlyreal1; Jul 5th, 2014 at 01:13.
Iamtheonlyreal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamtheonlyreal1 For This Useful Post: