View Single Post
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 21:04   #9
Tramp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetledrive View Post
Nicely saved. My parents had an Estate in the same year and colour. It used to attract comments on how smart it looked.

With some fresh paint on the wheels you'd have a really classy barge
Thank you, that's what I intend, a fully functioning road yacht that will get some attention, be a pleasure to drive and look great. The wheels are on my todo list and I'm toying with the idea of whitewall tyres - I know not strictly original but would look cool,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz View Post
Remember seeing the 244 on eBay.

Seeing the SJ rbigns back memories of mine. It was a 1989 SJ410 van and it was absolutely rotten. Never saw the road but I used it to learn to drive in around my grandads fields. Great fun. I sold it on eBay and it went to Mongolia
Great what makes you think it's a 244 rather than a 240? There was some insurance confusion when I tried to insure this car as they had it on the database as a 244, but I was under the impression it was a 240 as per he rear badge?

As for the Suzuki, Plenty 410s end up in Mongolia as they seem to be a good candidate for the mongol rally with there 1lite engine, a shame really, but on the other hand if they didn't go over there they would probably end up in a scrap yard, these suzuki's can be serious rotboxs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Welcome!

I joined this forum after acquiring the Tors nearly four years ago. The wealth of knowledge and freely given advice here is amazing, and people are genuinely friendly, especially to those of us with relatively limited knowledge of these wonderful cars.

I think it's inevitable that there'll be a few teething problems with a car of that age, especially if it hasn't been used much recently, but once you've sorted them out I'm sure you'll really enjoy the car, it looks lovely.

Just re-read your post and seen how low the mileage is, not surprising that there a few niggles to start with.
Brilliant that's exactly what I'm looking for a wealth of knowledge to guide me through the trials and tribulations of Volvo ownership, I can't help but feel it will be a long term thing as I'm a bit of a hoarder, but I'm going to do my best by this 'little' gem,
Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote