Thread: Engine 850: B5234T/2.3/20v/T5: - Inlet manifold removal and oil seperator/pcv hose replacement
View Single Post
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 21:46   #16
Georgey dee
Premier Member

Hey Jodders,
My 854R is coming up to 100,000 miles, there was a little bit of oil coming out of the dipstick tube, and two weeks ago i broke the breather pipe fitting my dump valve. Time to renew the breather system. The annoying thing is i had the inlet manifold off last year to clear an injector that had broken onto the inlet valves. Should have done it then!!!! Anyway, started the job today at 11:00 and finished at 16:00. I too decided to change all my hoses and i went for blue silcone too, sorry for copying, job went smoothy and i managed to do it without disturbing the injectors. I also left the throttle body on and just stripped the ancillaries.
Well i checked the holes leading into the block and the bottom one had a large clump of hard oil !!!! cleared that and then checked all the other areas mentioned in your post.
All back together now, and i have a large smile on my face!! turbo feels punchy and picks up well and no oil out of the dipstick tube. Job Done.
Cheers Jodders.