View Single Post
Old Oct 25th, 2014, 11:21   #11
Voltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngloScot View Post
Hi, We flew in to San Francisco and drove up the coast road to Seattle then came down inland to Portland, Crater Lake etc. Finishing up in Palo Alto. We have done quite a few road trips in the States and I think this was one of the best and certainly the longest. Where did your trip take you ?
I was interested to read your USA route. We too have done several USA road trips, which I planned myself, covering thousands of miles driving. The last one was 2011 and we were tentatively contemplating another next year, co-incidentally around Oregon and Washington perhaps tagging on an Alaskan cruise, but aren't convinced there would be as much of interest compared to previous trips, so it's interesting to read that you thought this was your best. I'll need to do more research, I think.

It was my experience of driving Ford Explorer, Nisan Murano, Jeep Grand Cherokees or Dodge big automatic SUV's that made me yearn to drive something 'similar' over here but the fuel costs always dissuaded me, so settled for an XC60.
Voltan is offline   Reply With Quote