View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2014, 17:03   #16
brentrichards

Angry Volvo V 70 R - All wheel drive

Hi,
As in title I have a 2004 Volvo V70R ( Flash green). I recently got stuck on some grass at golf club. I was thinking with 4 wheel drive it would be easy to get off. I then discovered that the 4 wheel drive is not working ( had idea as it has spun front wheels in wet). I had an oil and filter change done earlier in the year also repairs to manual gear box ( selector cables had snapped). Can any of this have damaged the all wheel or is there something else I need to look at which is common to all wheel drive. ( don't want to go to VOLVO GARAGE!!)
How can the all wheel be tested, is there any common faults, any relays or fuses to look at? car has had quite a lot spent on it since I bought eg 4c suspension struts, gear box, tyres, number 2 coil - all problems not on cheap side. Would like to take to local garage if possible - how can they check all wheel drive? Can I check any further? It's a great car but want all wheel ready for winter.
Can anyone help?
Cheers
Brent Richards
PS My sunroof doesn't work either get the message Alarm System Service required, I have read posts on this before about sunroof and back up alarm being on same circuit or something again can anyone have any suggestions?
brentrichards is offline   Reply With Quote