Thread: Smug alert...
View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2014, 14:51   #43
scots356

Post smug alert

Finally got around to joining this forum... very useful info I must say.

Anyway, upon reading this thread I thought I would throw my 2 penneth in and add my thoughts on the matter.

2yrs ago I traded in my trusty Octavia vrs for a Volvo, never having owned one before the deal was good and bought myself a 59 2.0d se v70.
50k miles later I can honestly say that this is without doubt the best car I have ever owned (previously having mercs, audi bmw et all- along with my octy). supreme motorway cruiser , although doesn't do corners too well (should have bought the r design)and next time will definitely go for an auto and apart from bulbs, boots and shoes it has only cost me on servicing - which is frankly ludicrously expensive. I average around mid 40's pottering about and mid 50's on a run.
As an inconspicuous car I am delighted with it and hope to have it for a good few years yet. Having read a few other posts I think I will try the indy up in cowdenbeath and see what they are like for servicing.
from what I read if I don't get 150k miles at least out of it I will be very disappointed !!
scots356 is offline   Reply With Quote