View Single Post
Old Jan 22nd, 2015, 23:46   #10
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
That looks good. Does it log the GPS coordinates continuously? The reason I ask is that I am currently querying a NOIP I got for speed just before Christmas. It's my car and on a road I use a few times a week but myself and my other half are certain that we were not on that road that day - it was on Sunday 14th Dec and we were somewhere else travelling to a family Christmas gathering.

Hence I'm looking for a gadget that can log (and keep for a long time) the location of the car? (Managed to keep a clean license for 10 years despite doing 45,000+ miles a year so not going down well....)
Don't forget that the authorities have to prove that you were at the scene, not you prove you weren't.
Are there family members who would confirm in court that you were with them? You can't be in two places after all.
Did you make any purchases on the way which you can prove with receipts, bank statements or CCTV from a shop/garage?

I had a NOIP claiming I ran a motorist off the road in my lorry and totalled their car.
I had no recollection of any incident and luckily my tacho confirmed that at the time of the "incident", I was 10 miles away and stationary.