Thread: Car insurance
View Single Post
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 19:19   #13
timmytarmac

Im with Hasting Direct. I had someone damage my car in a car park last year when I wasn't even in the car but had to notify the insurance company of the incident (It's in the terms and conditions) I had the police there also as the guy refused to give details and became aggressive and flat out refused any blame. No cctv proof so basically I got shafted. Renewal time went through the Meerkats and cheaper than my renewal so I will just go back to Hastings completely forgetting about the car park incident sorry sir your non fault notification means that your more likely to have a crash in the future so it will be £70 more than that cover (that will stay with me for 5 years). If your not going to claim it's not worth telling them about it I know I will think again in the future.

Hastings were not very helpful and would not accept my complaint I am awaiting there official response then I ask the ombudsman. They tell me not all company's see a notification as risk but they do. Needless to say at renewal time I wont go with them ever again even if there the cheapest (alot of the company's do this).
When I get a bad service from a company I vow to avoid them at all cost from then on and I tell them why.

Hi everyone bye the way

Volvo V40 1.9 Diesel 121k.........
Black Sapphire Metallic
timmytarmac is offline   Reply With Quote