Thread: Heater Core
View Single Post
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 21:24   #6
Zac_Cutt

Well, just finished pulling out nearly the entire dash. I found a brand new haeter core for $100!!! The quote for the job done with the heater core was $1200. I got the core for $100 and pulled the interior my self. Was going to install it myself but I didn't know how to get into the box with the trap doors that holds the core. I figured that was too expensive of a part to fiddle with so for about $200 they will put it in. So in total, $300 for a new core which means I saved about $900 CAD.

But I will confirm that when its done.

I actually am quite happy I pulled it apart myself for I learned ALOT about this car. I learned that each peice of my dash weighs a good 15lbs or so and everything is over built. I also learned that there is about 3,000lbs of copper in the damn car, and boy the $1200 I payed was worth it for that with Canada's copper shortages But seriously, when this car does meet its destiny, drag car / drift car / track car I definately know how to save some weight. Not to mention the leather bucket seats with FULL power options and heated seats alone must be a good 300lbs plus the back seat.

Zac
Zac_Cutt is offline   Reply With Quote