Thread: Caravan Sat Nav
View Single Post
Old Mar 29th, 2015, 18:17   #16
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default If you bothered to find out

If you bothered to find out you'd see that there are MANY places near Croydon where tram tracks DO indeed share the road with traffic - and the "tram only" signs by East Croydon station are about 6 feet up lampposts looking just like parking restrictions signs, and about 8 inches wide by three inches tall against a background of assorted posters. By the time you realise that the tarmac is a funny colour it's too late.

The new bus station pedestrian precinct thing between Deptford and Lewisham Lewisham has as far as I can see NO no entry signs at the point the satnav took me into it - again what alerted me (again much too late to reverse out) was pedestrians wandering about like sheep and a funny tarmac colour - but since they are busily doing things to the roads round there there are patches of road all different funny colours so that was not much of a clue.

And the one way system north of Blackheath Village now comes out where it used to go in.

I know a farm track from a byway from an RUPP very well thank you.

And you, sir, are a sanctimonious little prig. And that is toned down for the sake of the obscenity filter.

A sensible road system would have a series of signs - just like the "new" Chatham bus station has - boldly saying "ROAD LAYOUT CHANGED IGNORE SATNAV AND TURN RIGHT". In letters about a foot high. And satnav maps updated less than a month ago should NOT be telling me to go the wrong way down a one-way street. Or a tram track. Or through a bus garage.
940 Sport M90 estate, N reg 100k miles, ex Lovejoy.
960 Estate, N reg, 56k miles, blown up and sold.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote