View Single Post
Old Apr 28th, 2015, 21:15   #16
Pitvar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselConvert View Post
Hi Peter - hope you are enjoying your XC60? A little advice please.

In the next month I'm about to sell my 2007 XC90 D5 SE Manual that I've owned since new, as I too have a new car on order.

Its years since I've sold a car privately & I wondered what you found was the most effective advertising route when you sold yours ?

More particularly - did you find your XC90 being a manual was a help or hindrance?

Manual XC90's seem pretty rare, so I'm unsure whether to discount the price or add a premium !

Any advice gratefully received !
Hello, the car attracted interest from Autotrader and from here within 24 hours of the proper listings and two people both wanted to buy - one from the north of Scotland and Andras from here - in the end it was whichever could get the money transfer sorted more quickly and Andras won After it was sold I cancelled the ebay and Autotrader ads straight away so tricky to tell what would have happened. In terms of manual pricing and attraction of a manual, as they are rare I think it helps - I for one wouldn't have bought an Auto as when we bought ours there were reports of hesitation on acceleration.

I'd suggest getting prices from two or three of the buying services and maybe local independent garages that sell similar cars and start from there. I think it was the condition of ours that attracted the interest so a well described and cleaned car always help I think. Good luck with your sale, Peter

PS The XC60 is ace thanks
Pitvar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pitvar For This Useful Post: