View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2015, 20:37   #1
Sig the V40

Question Thought the problem was the PCV. It isn't the PCV...

Evening Everyone,

A little bit of help if you'd all be so kind.
1993 240 B200F running a little rich since i got it in November, keep getting a pop from what seems to be the front end of the exhaust / manifold on overrun at about 2,200rpm, not everytime I drive it, but certainly once or twice a week of daily commuting. I am also experiencing clutch judder when engine gets warm in start stop traffic, only in first whilst pulling off fine anytime else.
Little bit rich, using a little oil, but nothing i'd class as horrific or upsetting I've topped it up with the total of a litre in the 9 months I've had it. After reading all the helpful stuff I could off here (Thanks soooo much), I figured it might be the Flame Trap. Just had it off and to my suprise seemed pretty clean. Back on, engine runs as before.
So i'm at a loss. If the trap is clean, does that mean it could be a blockage somewhere else in the PCV gubbins or something else entirely? There is a buildup of sludge under the flame trap, but it seems old and crusty not fresh, but the bonnet lining has got a big oil mark just above the valve cover which is still wet to the touch if you drag yourfinger across it.
I'm not an utter amateur, but i'm not far off, so be gentle with me!
Thanks in advance!
Sig the V40 is offline   Reply With Quote