View Single Post
Old Jun 29th, 2015, 04:18   #318
USA NH

[QUOTE=ashadam;1938802]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellwalker View Post

The power comes as a surge rather than a rush, despite its claimed 0-60. [LIST] Is the R Design Model different to yours as I get the exact opposite with the power.
[*]no carrier bag hangers at the sides of the boot - I can see some coat hangers getting bent to deal with this. I have never had vehicle with these, this can not be important unless you spend your time shopping.
[*]the top of the rear bumper is like soft cheese; it is already scratched despite taking great care. So you made a mistake, scratched your car and want to blame Volvo.

The supposed sunglasses holders that replace the grab handles are ridiculously priced, and how do I get to them without moving my left hand across my face? very dangerous IMHO. I will have to agree a total joke I have never owned car where you need purchase sunglasses holder but would not use one anyway.
[*]The trip computer is limited. I'd like two trip measures of av consumption, speed and elapsed time, like I've been used to for 10 years. One should auto reset sooner than the awkward to get to bar graph on the main display. Totally agree.
[*]FUEL CONSUMPTION is nowhere near stated in the book. Yes I know it is a calculated official number but really... 1400 miles in and I'm getting 40 overall (claimed 60.1), compared to previous 43 (claimed 47.1). If anything I'm driving with a lighter right foot to ease the car in. This is well reported I got lower MPG on vehicle I had for weekend you should of know this if important.
[*]That electric brake is counter intuitive. I feel I should pull it to put it on, and push it in to take it off. It is doing my head in. seriously doing my head in. This is really minor you will get used to it.
[*]The car is so smart with cameras front and back, yet I need an aftermarket DashCam. Volvo don't do one and the dealer was initially not sure what I meant. Sorry what does this do?
[*]the sat Nav is OK, but not worth the price. Once the destination is found it works fine, but it doesn't always like finding the destination. POIs in particular are a right pain. I've found a couple eventually despite a name search showing they didn't exist. It has to search Europe wide, so it would be better if you could restrict it to one country or choose which countries it should search as a default setting.
[*] talking of mudflaps, the front ones are so small they don't actually stop the mud getting on the side of the car.
[*]I wish it was narrower. it is a huge lump of a car. Did you not test drive?
[*]the door mirrors only fold partially, it's not like they fold parallel to the car.
I have to agree had them on my test car.
[*] I'd like a gear indication so I know which gear the car is in. The only way to get this is by manually changing. Why would you need to know what gear you are in when in auto.

I don't think you have one major issue just enjoy vehicle you're stuck with it now.
I am glad I am not the only one who thought it was ridiculous To have to purchase a sunglasses holder. I bought 1 on the driver side door.
USA NH is offline   Reply With Quote