View Single Post
Old Sep 3rd, 2015, 22:35   #2
cjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerousdave View Post
So I start the car and I drive with boost but shortly after the car pulls back the turbo and I no longer get the boost with my revs, the turbos no longer whistling.

I can turn the car off and then the boost is back until it decides to take it away again..

Earlier on I nipped up the boost hoses and thought I'd cured a leak as my test drive went well with no power loss, but another drive out later and I'm back to square one..

I've ran 2 wires to the red solenoid and I can feel it ping, but I don't know if that means it's 100% working.. Although the code points at it I've seen posts saying the actuator position sensor can also play up.. The problem is both units cost around £50 each and there's no guarantee they're the fault..

I just need to think long and hard about spending anymore on this car.. It cost £5000 or so and in 16months taken me for on the way to £3000, I need to stop the bleeding.

Anyone had similar experience?

The Turbocharger is "deactivating" itself for good reason - to prevent damage to the turbo and other mechanic parts. Trying to make the turbo spool when it doesn't want to, due to a fail safe, isn't going to achieve anything more than damage.

I would personally be checking the exhaust system for blockages. Slapping the belly of a silencer can give a quick indication of whether or not the baffling is loose, but it's worth pressure testing the exhaust system as P2263 can be the result of an issue on the turbine path, rather than the compressor.
cjj is offline   Reply With Quote