View Single Post
Old Sep 25th, 2015, 17:07   #4
Jonny5isalive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMonty View Post
Right folks, as some of you may know ( Most wont ) I have a burger trailer on an industrial estate. I have to tow it the the 30 mile round trip every day. Occasionally I do events and car boot sales at weekends.
The set up is a 16ft catering trailer towed by a RWD swb transit. On the fen roads it is a bloody nightmare. The first 10 miles of the journey is 25 to 30 mph. When I hit the main road I can get up to about 45mph before it begins to snake about. I also have an ifor Williams that sits fine at 60mph even with a car on it. What am I missing ?????

Next quandary: The transit isnt really man for the job. Most events I do and occasionally on the industrial estate when on grass the traction is none existent.
So I have decided to go for a 4x4. As I need to mount a generator in the back one of the crew cab ( l200/warrior / nivara ) trucks seem to be a logical choice, but I hate the damn things. Around here you are either a **** or a pikey to run one. So I am stuck. I would love a Xc70, but then we have the generator problem.
Any ideas throw them my way, no matter how daft. ( that's usually where the best ones come from )
Your trailer shouldn't snake about. Have you considered a stabiliser used on caravans? It would dampen any snaking motion before it gets wayward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny5isalive For This Useful Post: