View Single Post
Old Sep 25th, 2015, 19:56   #506
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Any reason why Volvo don't go down the AdBlue route? The new discovery sport 2.0D engine uses this and appears to be a more obvious route to go as all the 'NOx cleaning' take place post-combustion and no need to send dirty emissions twice around the engine. Thus, presumably, having little effect on the power or strangulation of the combustion cycle?

There is a clip on this link explaining how the AdBlue injection works.

http://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership...standards.html

PS. I'm not promoting JLR but just noticed that they have some interesting stuff on the subject.....................and I'd rather top up a separate tank every few thousand miles than constantly worry that the EGR might be getting clogged up every time I go on a short journey......or the weather is damp!
Did you notice that the Euro 6 levels rules don't apply to the Defender as it's classed as a commercial vehicle. Also pays different tax. £125 a year. Same class in the USA doesn't have to meet the pollution regs either. All a big cynical joke from the "outraged" media.