View Single Post
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 19:20   #2
the hoff
440IFIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftlex View Post
Someones is weeing on my Chips

I got a P reg 440CD for £250, and altho i thought at the time i got a bargin, i am begining to feel like i have been well ripped off

its metalic Blue and the inerior is in good nick, leather seats, nice tacky wallnut finish etc

alloys in reasonable condition,

A/C and other stuff like the heated seats works

Ive got my alarm problems as i have mentioned on other posts.....

the exteroir is a bit tatty the doors on the drivers side have a nice big deep scratch on it, nothing that touch up wont hide...

I need a new rear light cluster on the passenger side, and a new drivers wing mirror....

when i got the car i took it to a garage and they did a service, they changed the plugs, filters and checked the breaks they charged me £100

found out today that...

the drivers door lock will not work with the key, its knackered....

the passengers door lock takes the key but will not lock the doors...

if i lock the car via the remote central locking the alarm goes off,, (well flashing lights, no horn)......

so i cant lock the car fully...... great.....

found out today that...

the lights behind the centre console do not work, neither do the ones behind the lights control on the right hand side..

and also the clutch feels light,,, the garage said its gonna last about a year tops...

i just swapped my insurance over and bought 6 months road tax

i am a single dad, and i havent got time to be faffing about trying to fix the car at the weekend as i have to spend quality time with my daughter,,,#

i am at my whits end,,, i dont know what to do or where to go now up to now i have spent just over £450 including the road tax and i am getting to the stage where i dont see any light,, advice please lol... and help if your near warrington and you feel like helping a new volvo owner.....

or should i try and sell it or what?
first of all there is always light at end i paid 300 for mine thought bargain so far ive replaced the clutch ive got no reverse gear my bonnet flew up and thats a gonna i need to bottom arms and a drive shaft !!!!! if i lived close i would come up and sort out everything but the clutch do what i do i have three girls and whilst i do silly things like getting trip computer to work and rewiring electric windows i get them to vac the car or clean alloys with a spare tooth brush just wish they could do a gear box lol so in finnishing dont despair give it a couple of months try to do what you can and then sell her on as its the nice blue p reg and got a nice spec (air con etc) im sure you could at least get youre money back good luck and if theres help out there it will be on here pete
the hoff is offline   Reply With Quote