View Single Post
Old Nov 20th, 2015, 17:37   #152
wisc

Question

Nearside bi-xenon needed replacing whilst in for an MOT. It always had a yellow tinge to it and I assumed it was on its way out. Volmech decided to put a 'Phillips' bulb in rather than a Volvo one and I was told when I picked the car up (don't ask!!). I was told that it already had a Phillips bulb in the one that failed. The new Phillips bulb was dimmer than the drivers side and also had a yellow tinge to it. He said the old bulb was a Phillips and not a proper Volvo one. My drivers side bulb looks white in comparison & is brighter.
So I said order a Volvo one in which arrived today and was fitted, see the pics (excuse one slightly out of focus). So Osram make the Volvo xenons then? as I am sure a lot of you already know on here. I remember reading the Osram Nightbreaker threads/posts a while ago, but I hadn't realised that Osram made Volvo bulbs.

So, when I come to replce my drivers side bulb, I suppose I may as well just buy an Osram bulb from the web? rather than pay the £130 for a Volvo one?

edit - even though I rotated that last pic, when uploaded it is still in its original position....annoying! Windows 10 feature?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xenon 1.jpg (306.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg xenon 2.jpg (205.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg xenon 3.jpg (310.0 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by wisc; Nov 20th, 2015 at 17:52.
wisc is offline   Reply With Quote