View Single Post
Old Dec 31st, 2015, 21:26   #18
GuidoBrunetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev78 View Post
Car prices do not work like that.

There are many examples of cars that sell for a premium used due to supply and demand.

The Porsche Macan is a recent example of a SUV that was selling for a big premium second hand when launched.

I expect to see XC90 values plummet.

They have been aimed at the fleet market with their 4 pots and hybrids, and don't seem as well built as a volvo should.

Volvo will be offering the same huge discounts they do on the XC60 within 12 months.
For most new car buyers nowadays all that matters is what their PCP deal works out at per month and a manufacturer can easily manipulate that by the interest rate they charge. They're not even particularly bothered whether the GMFV leaves them with any equity at the end. Real money has no real resonance these days.

As for whether the XC90 is as well built as it could/should be only time will tell. All I know is I would never buy a car in the first year after launch. No manufacturer can hope to test for everything and keep up with competitors who are rushing products to market. Remember, Apple has had serious issues with new iPhones over several generations: left handed users causing interference with phone performance and 6 Plus bendy screens - they fixed the issues and moved on to ever higher sales.