Thread: D4 engine oil
View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2016, 08:29   #24
Marc01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merley View Post
Have seen the posts for D4 engine oil - I have also been trying to track down the Castrol Edge Professional V 0w-20 engine oil as I had a message on my V40 D3 this morning saying 'low oil level'. This surprised me at just 7000 miles but like others am having difficulty tracking it down.
Any suggestions if it is 'normal' to get an oil morning at this mileage in a 6 month old car and where I can get this oil??
Does you car have a dipstick? If not do not top it up take it to the dealer, I have covered 22k with no issue with oil. BUT I did get s low oil message, called Volvo assist and they overfilled my engine as it was actually at the correct level, which is 5.2l for the D4 190 VEA

Clan where did you get the 4.9l from? My car was drained down to that by the local dealer which caused the low oil level warning, I have been informed by 3 separate dealers that the correct range is 5.2-5.4 as soon as it hits 4.8 it will throw a warning.
The onboard oil level sensor will only show overfilled-correct level or low, and not in between, making self top up not an easy task.
Marc01 is offline   Reply With Quote