View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2016, 15:21   #1
MWMan
Master Member

Default "FREE" Used suspension parts

I have just changed out the front suspension components on my 2003 2.4 Petrol V70 (B5244S). The car has done 130k and all the parts I took off were original Volvo. The only thing that needed changing were the wishbones as the front bush had failed. However, I decided that as everything was coming apart I would change out all that I could.

However, in comparing the new parts with the ones that came off, I was amazed to find very little difference. The ball joints are a little stiffer on the new ones and the shock absorber a little harder to press down - but not by much. All the rubbers on the joints are in really good condition. No damage, cuts or perishing. The strut support plate and spring cap are in pretty good condition too.

It seems such a shame to scrap these parts. So - if anyone would like to collect them, they are free - sorry no posting.

This would be ideal for someone who is on a tight budget and needs to get their car through the MOT. These would pass easily. I would guess there may be at least another 30 - 40k in these parts - but who knows.

The replacement parts cost me £400, so there is a bit of a saving if they are of any use to someone.

I'll keep the thread open for a couple of weeks before scrapping them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0001.jpg (359.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 0002.jpg (342.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg 0003.jpg (319.7 KB, 38 views)
MWMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MWMan For This Useful Post: