View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2016, 10:29   #5
PaulRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
It is only the specific NAV models which come equipped with satnav as standard.

However, Sensus Navigation can be retrofitted provided your car has the GPS receiver in the 'shark fin' on the roof and a specific audio module fitted. Your dealer would be able to advise but if you have the prerequisites it is just a rather expensive software download at £640.

Sensus Navigation isn't great; it works but is a bit dumbed down - it doesn't support 3rd party Points Of Interest, for example. You do get bi-annual map updates for life included. It is more convenient than using a phone and satnav app though.
Quite an expensive convenience really. Think I'd rather use my Google Maps. I actually find that easier anyway when navigating to place names/POI's. You can just type the place, Google recognizes it and off you go.
It's finding a decent enough mount that's the issue. I have come across some CD slot mounts that looks pretty good though.
I still sort of feel that the Nav function 'completes' the system but for the price can definitely live without.....

As I haven't got Nav built in, anyone know what system I do have? I did see another thread with Levels 1,2 and 3 on it. Putting mine at 3. Is this right?
PaulRS is offline   Reply With Quote