View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2016, 21:13   #1193
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
Wasn't it coming and going erratically the first time the EGR played up? Just part of the symptoms of a failing EGR?

Roy
TBH, the many instances now all merge into one another. There's been the turtle's attempt to join us for our 2014 Italian trip - foiled by the dealer just a few days before departure. Then the turtle successfully slipped aboard in 2015 for our Summer holiday in Switzerland, appearing just 30mls out of Calais and taking the shine off of that particular grand tour through The Alps. And this week it made a cameo appearance on a deserted stretch of rural road deep in the back of beyond before reappearing with a vengeance on the A68 on the very day we needed to get to the hospital on time for Mrs A's operation. These are just three of the most memorable instances amongst many.

It's the last straw. I've explained how we feel to the dealership. It's not their fault - they're part of the solution not the problem. It's Volvo but the local dealership are the only people actually listening.

I hope this week will see the fault rectified one final time. Then I can enjoy about 8mths of ownership before selling it on. And perhaps even a great experience in Norway shortly, followed by the Alps for skiing in December for one last foray.

Here's hopin'

Arianne

Last edited by Arianne; May 25th, 2016 at 21:16.
Arianne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arianne For This Useful Post: