View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2016, 17:38   #5
graemedench
spanner

Hi very very little ash if any, it was a bit sooty but really not that bad either, easily see all the small square holes etc. I do 2*20 miles a day at around the 70 mark along with 5 miles of country twisties at each end. I checked for blockages but I will double check for any leaks, Many thanks for your help. Looking at the pressure difference its looking at I guess it wouldn't take much for it to get upset. As I say its fine when its cold but as things heat up it gets dramatically worse. thinking about it if its left to idle for a while it does get better again ie the hpa value drops back and as I rev it again it builds back up. So i guess its either an imbalance in the sensor and its sticking or it really is a blockage. I know it can get the stuff to soak it overnight for around £50 and a genuine Volvo sensor around £100 or a cheap DPF for around £250 i think. Any of I could do, but I dont if possible want to end up doing all 3 unnecessarily on a car I'll probably sell for around £1200 - £1500 if I'm lucky

I'll check the lines as suggested thanks and report back probably tomorrow now.

Last edited by graemedench; Jun 17th, 2016 at 17:46.
graemedench is offline   Reply With Quote