View Single Post
Old Jul 25th, 2016, 11:44   #116
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab203 View Post
Just curious to understand what the difference would be between the two options?

Wouldn't a new door achieve the same thing as a re-spray as there is no damage / dents to the existing door? I'd have thought a new door would be more likely to still be different to the rest of the bodywork given it would be produced in isolation and with some tolerance to colour variation. In my mind an on site respray would allow the door to be blended to match the bodywork.

This is not based on any experience, just how I personally would interpret the two options - hence my curiosity with the suggestion of going with a new door
I would hope that a new door direct from Sweden in the correct colour, would be a better option than the existing one being re-sprayed.
No matter how good the re-painting will be, it will not have the same paint thickness, or finish that a new door will have from the factory.

One question.
If the car left the factory in its current state, how did it pass the QA and inspection stages?

tem.