View Single Post
Old Sep 13th, 2016, 02:06   #6
Jebus
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesaddict2010 View Post
bit of both dont mind trying things but wont takell such as timmeing belts as if i get it wrong its stuffed
In that case I would go for an all fluids and filters change+ (new thermostat), flush the coolant system out. at least then you have a good known start point for the car.

Slightly more technical would be to strip the brakes, i.e pull the sliders all out replace any dodgy rubbers make sure the sliders are all smooth, get rid of of corrosion apply a light dab of copper grease on contact points on the backs of the pads/were they touch the carriers(of course well away from the friction surface) grease the sliders with silicon grease

Give the calipers a good wire brush and a lick of paint if you fancy it.

While you are in the arches remove all the arch liners, clean out all the dirt and junk behind them.

All are not difficult jobs todo, and while you have your head in the arches gives you plenty of time to inspect everything, if things are starting to look tatty but ok for now means you can look around for replacement parts and get yourself a good deal and replace them at a convenient time.

For an older car, might be worth taking all the seats out hoovering/wet vac the carpets etc might well make it a more pleasant place to be and so on.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jebus For This Useful Post: