Thread: Leather quality
View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2016, 17:21   #6
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallony2k View Post
Hi Guys

I think I saw a thread somewhere on the forum about the quality of the leather in the XC90 but I could be wrong. I have only had my XC90 momentum for about 3 weeks now and I have noticed that the pigments on the driver seat and the passenger seat is starting to wear away. I don't know what other people's thoughts are but I think the quality is poor! The car is a lease vehicle and I am concerned that after 3 years the state of the seats will be horrendous.

Does anyone have any thoughts / products on how to prevent them from wearing away? Could it be a poor quality leather from volvo and that I should be in touch with them about it?

Appricate some feedback.

Cheers

No need to buy the expensive volvo cleaning kit, I use Astonish leather cleaning cream, It only costs £1 for the home bargain shop, or Yorkshire trading store and other outlets, if you have either near you, it does an excellent job of cleaning and feeding the leather, I have Blond napper leather which require cleaning often and always use this product, make sure you use a white cloth to apply it and buff it off so you dont transfer dye from the cloth to light coloured seats..
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote