View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2016, 10:20   #23
jjkenya

The latest is that I have spoken to the Quality Department, who handle complaints. They have been acceptably frank that the procedure from here on in is as per FSA regulation and they have sent me a document setting out the process. Fine.

I must say that so far they have not complied with any of their self imposed time deadlines to contact me (3-5 days for the report turned out to be closer to 12, and 5 days to hear from the complaints team was actually 6). Nonetheless, they have agreed to send me a copy of the report from the engineer, and also to accept my contentions to the report in writing. I have stated clearly that the low oil is a non-starter, as the turbo should have gone first, there was no warning light, and the dipstick had oil on it when the garage inspected it. The "sooting up" seems to be the sticking point, but I am struggling to see how anything but a lab analysis can resolve this. My garage are also willing to write to them to contest the findings, as they think it's all a joke.

The scary bit is that the complaints team's decision is final and they will review the case once before determining, and obviously they have no incentive to want to pay given that they work within Mapfre...

Will keep you posted. Thanks for all the feedback so far.
jjkenya is offline   Reply With Quote