View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2016, 23:19   #7
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

They're both decent cars. I would go for the cheaper car, because in real terms, you'll not notice the difference, and the £1000 odd in price gives you a lot of room. Unless you're feeding your vanity, you don't need to spend much on these cars, that's really the whole point. Near impossible to buy a dog - if you've done your homework. You can afford to buy the cheaper car twice, and i'm sure the dearer car is not twice as good. If at all. The real difference is in dealer margin.

The 140bhp is a bit underpowered, but unless you drive to lose your licence, you'll not notice in every day use. Mine's a 140, (factory Bifuels are) and I cope. Promise.
As long as you do your homework on PCV, flush the box (if auto), cambelt, heater core etc etc, to catch all the things that kill these cars, you'll not go far wrong. You'll have a car for another 250,000 miles on what they already have. Google all this and/or watch Robert DIY vids on YouTube.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Nov 26th, 2016 at 23:31.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote