View Single Post
Old Dec 19th, 2016, 18:35   #9
john langrick
Master Member

Hi and again, many thanks. I have downloaded all the wiring diagrams, the xc90 plus the additional supplement. It does show grounding points which is my next job to check (when I get a dry day). I will disconnect the battery and start to clean and fit new star washers.

I do understand the ICM may have component failure, but the radio always works fine, never a problem, and remains at full power.

My belief is that there is a power on signal, probably generated in the ICM unit that kick starts and initialises other devices. That signal appears to go AWOL occasionally., at least that is what it seems.

With the problem, the satnav simply does not rise out of it's cradle, turning the ignition on and of a few times does not appear to help.

I know when I start the car tomorrow, it will work fine. I will drive for approx 30 mins and park the car. When I start to drive in about five hours, it inevitably will not rise from the dash etc, but the radio remains absolutely fine.

I will persevere for now but may well sort the ICM itself in the new year.

If I purchased one that was 'working' on eBay, could this possibly work without any programming?

I know would be best to send my unit back to be checked, but I would not like to use the car with a gaping chasm! I could fit anothe init just to plug the hole.

Cheers john l
john langrick is offline   Reply With Quote