View Single Post
Old Feb 25th, 2017, 22:10   #1047
Arianne
Premier Member

Default Pre-delivery inspection today...

Well folks, I saw my Jaguar F-Pace for the first time today and she looks gorgeous!

Today was the day I popped across to the Lloyds Jaguar in Kelso (the folks who bought the franchise from Clelands in January) so that I could 'forensically' examine my new car before signing off on the deal and collecting her next Saturday. This is an indulgence of the heart rather than a 'workaday car' and so it needs to be absolutely perfect in every way possible.

I enjoyed every minute of my visit, having waited almost a year for this day! The car was almost perfect. I found the tiniest paint chip low down on the leading edge of the door sill which could have been caused by a stone kicking up from the road test I asked the dealership to undertake so they could check for rattles, cabin noises and running gear. Or it may have been like that from the factory, who knows. And a plastic grille, just inside the bonnet which catches leaves and other debris doesn't fit snugly - small issue but don't want that vibrating at 120mph on the autobahn like my previous XC90 did, aagh!

Otherwise, gorgeous and perfect. I thought I had spotted another glitch in that only the nearside mirror tilts downwards on reverse, whereas the Volvo can have both or either. But that's the way the Jaguar is designed which is a shame - on that count it's Volvo 1-0 Jaguar. Otherwise the car is fabulous and beautifully prepared.

I spent time with them over a cuppa chatting about cars and the birth of babies (don't ask, it's just that my Sales Exec has just welcomed his first child into his family having returned from Paternity Leave). Mrs A and the lad didn't bother coming as they said they would get bored.

All in all, a lovely day. Looking forward to next Saturday very much. So far, so very good.

Expect a thorough write-up. Apologies in advance if this isn't your thing but I feel the need to complete the thread and keep my promise to the small group of forum members who have asked that I provide an honest assessment of the Jaguar, the dealer experience and the big day.

And then, after that, I will shut-up and the thread can RIP should other forum members wish.

Regards to all.

Arianne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0683.jpg (252.6 KB, 32 views)