View Single Post
Old Mar 21st, 2017, 18:15   #15
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
I'm honestly shocked to see that Volvo are not supporting widely used applications such as spotify in cars. So much for driver safety and focus on driving when you've to lift you phone to search instead of using the car's, no doubt expensive on board computer system.

If it's an android system surely someone can root / download spotify onto it? Drastic having to 'hack' a new car though
Why did you assume it is Android based? I am not aware that anyone has been bothered to find out if this is the case. There are lots of other potential operation systems that would permit the operations required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggsy View Post
That was my approach with customer support, the safety aspect of having to look at phone to choose playlists etc on Spotify. USA users have the use of Pandora, not sure about other regions but as usual us UK users get the poor deal.
You don't have to look at your phone to do anything, it is your choice that you wish to operate like this, which is also illegal. You could download the music to your phone, a USB stick or onto the car hard drive and have control from the steering wheel.