View Single Post
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 13:54   #18
BTXC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkrigare View Post
In the context of all the awful things happening in London and elsewhere, I know this pales into insignificance. However, my lovely new XC90 came off worst in a run-in with a double-decker bus this morning.

I was stationary at the head of the traffic waiting to enter a busy roundabout near home when a double-decker bus ran straight into the back of me - eyes on the traffic coming from the right instead of on me waiting in front of him.

The tail gate is a total mess, and the rear bumper is damaged too. Fingers crossed that's the full extent of the damage and there's nothing serious beyond that - the chassis for instance. Then it's a matter of how long to get the parts from Volvo.

Volvo Insurance and their claims handlers have been very good so far. The car's due to be picked up tomorrow morning and a replacement XC90 left with me while mine's being fixed by the local body work repairers authorised by Volvo.

I should get a clearer picture in a couple of days time as to the true extent of the damage and timescales for repair. The repairer has already called me and said that 2-3 weeks to repair is not out of the question but they're yet to have the car to make a full assessment.

On the bright side, the bus driver accepted full responsibility, so I shouldn't face any immediate cost. On the down side, it will inevitably impact my insurance renewal cost not to mention the inconvenience over the period of repair or replacement. I'm due to be away with the car in just over two weeks time; I'm really hoping things can get sorted in time for that...
Sorry to hear this. Must have been a shock sitting stationary in your car.
Glad that no one was injured.

All the best