Thread: Leather quality
View Single Post
Old Jul 17th, 2017, 00:50   #162
vxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver Dave View Post
My drivers seat base (foam, electric heater and leather) was replaced on 26th June. As per my previous post I was a little concerned about the colour match - I need not have worried, the colour match is spot on and the stitching matches the passenger seat which was not replaced.

When I picked it up the service manager came with me to check I was happy and warned me that there may be some areas that looked a little loose on the leather but that it would become un-noticeable after a few hundred miles of the seat being used and he was absolutely correct.

The technician who did the replacement did a great job and in fact I would defy anyone to tell it had been replaced.
Thanks!

But I am a bit confused. I thought the whole point of the replacement was to get the new seats, with the different stitching, which should prevent rapid wear on the outer sections of the seat. So they replaced it with the old seat/old stitching?

EDIT: this is what I am talking about-the TJ that mentions the new base stitching. Note that the TJ itself calls for replacing only the affected seat... but I think that's BS. If there is a problem, both seats should be replaced, in my opinion....
https://www.volvotechinfo.com/index....2016-12-07.pdf

Last edited by vxf; Jul 17th, 2017 at 00:56.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote