Thread: Tow bar
View Single Post
Old Jul 27th, 2017, 21:55   #12
dd1898

So my XC90 has gone in to my local dealer to get some work done and I have been loaned a new XC90 and noticed it had a towbar installed.
As I have been toying about getting one fitted to my car but struggling a little with the price I had a good look around the installed one. I had a 2014 XC90 and had a volvo detachable towbar fitted, they needed to cut out the back bumper to accommodate it and it looked ok as the cover blended in with the bumper but with the new XC90 it is supposed to fold in and out without the need to cut away the bumper but as you can see from the attached pics there is a clear cutout. So the question is, is it a mistake on installation or is there supposed to be a cutout?
I have checked the accessories video and it does actually show a very small notch but nowhere near as big as the one on my loan vehicle.

Mine went in as I had noticed that it was revving slightly longer than normal before changing gear, when it was getting booked in I saw that there were a couple of additions to the service sheet, the service guy did say that these were quality issues that had been raised since i was last in with the car, from what I could see it was hoses and fittings/connections for the powerpulse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0713.jpg (48.9 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0716.jpg (72.7 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0717.jpg (77.7 KB, 71 views)
dd1898 is offline   Reply With Quote