View Single Post
Old Aug 14th, 2017, 14:41   #36
smj1873

Quote:
Originally Posted by filace View Post
Sorry, but no - that doesn't make any sense. You're talking about obtaining SIMs from the various mobile carriers in the UK (fine) and then referencing a "private network", which I assume is just your own APN and routing across the 3/O2/whatever network to your own termination point. This does not make it 'infinitely scalable' - you're still limited by the contention on the radio network, the backhaul from the cellular site to your transit facility, and then your own upstream providers.

If this is a service you've already built out for another purpose then it's possible you have sufficient bandwidth and transit agreements in place for 'significant' bandwidth - but if you're talking about getting a single interconnect with the mobile providers and shoving it over a 100Mbit pipe at RapidSwitch then you're going to run into capacity issues very, very quickly.

Reckon you could provide a bit more info? Company name would be a start...
Hi, sorry for the delayed response and thanks again for the comments and questions.

Apologies for the mix up, please allow me to clear up any confusion. Firstly, a proper introduction - we are Pangea and have a combined 55 years experience in partnering within the telecommunications industry, we pride ourselves on our award winning ecosystem of connectivity, devices, and solutions.

http://pangea-group.net

We have direct relationships with three of the major UK network operators with no third party involvement as we have our own billing system and platform. When I previously referred to infinite scalability this was intended to be in reference to the amounts of data we can purchase and effectively sell on a single or multiple SIM cards. The largest individual tariff readily available on the market today is 128GB, this is a monthly data allowance and you either “use it or lose it” with no ability to rollover unused data. We have Private APNs in place with the networks, and currently we have more than sufficient bandwidth in place to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers.. If this reached a stage where we needed to increase our capacity then we could do this quickly and easily.

Our organisation can be hugely flexible, literally putting any amount of data, on any SIM, on any network and on any contract term - we are not bound by the tariffs the networks sell directly or want their typical resellers to push into the market, as a wholesale provider we are in control of what we offer. I believe this flexibility can benefit consumers, including myself, by ensuring I only pay for the data that I need and can use it when I want to use it.

Apologies again for any confusion, it was unintentional. You clearly know what you're talking about and we are always keen to talk to others in the industry who could provide feedback or new partnering opportunities. Feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions.
smj1873 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smj1873 For This Useful Post: