View Single Post
Old Nov 11th, 2017, 06:38   #3
mjk164
VOC Member

On my 1993 960, the coil packs are original and have done about 380,000 miles and all of them have wires attached that have seen better days. Just make sure on yours there are no wires touching anything nearby. I would pay more attention to the relays supplying power to the coils and injectors; they are the two grey relay packs near to the n/s front suspension tower. They take main battery power to these units and are prone to burnt contacts. The other relay for your attention is the green relay, along with the others, center console near to the radio. That relay supplies battery power to the two fuel pumps and the O2 sensor. The in-tank pump supplies fuel to the second pump underneath the front seats, underneath the car. If this pump "sees" an intermittent supply due to bad contacts, that will give you a missfire. I would go for the fuel relay first and you can take off the green cover and inspect the contact points and you can be sure they will be burnt. About £20 for a new set. (Volvo part 1362914)
mjk164 is offline   Reply With Quote