View Single Post
Old Dec 3rd, 2017, 22:30   #178
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Crikey! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

Since my last report, there have been a few more visits to my mate and the following has been done :

Oil and filter change
Throttle butterfly adjustment/CO adjustment
3x small bits of welding for the MoT
New tyres all round (Invovic brand, Chinese cheapie but not a ditchfinder, grips very well and quiet too!)
New battery - the old one died unexpectedly!
New number plate light bulbs and a little mod to make them better :

New MoT! Woohoo!! It didn't pass first time - remember i fitted a new tank some months back? I tightened the locking ring on the sender/pump unit meaning to check tighten it again a few months down the road, i forgot!

Anyway, it dripped on the MoT testers head while he walked underneath it (where's the "Mutley snigger emoji" when you need it!) so i was presented with the first failure sheet i've seen for a very long time!
Ten minutes work with a lump hammer and a block of wood had the lock ring tight (EFT) and leak-free and a pass duly obtained.

Was pretty pleased with the emissions - 1.01% CO (i'd set it to 1% on my Gunsons gadget) and 96ppm HC - not bad for a 30 year old car that's done 220k miles!

Other than the obvious bits above (and anything i might have forgotten) it's been behaving itself very well, getting reasonably good mpg figures and to celebrate the second MoT pass in my custody and as a reward for good service, i did a job i've been threatening for months :

Finally fixed the gearshift light with a green LED!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: