View Single Post
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 11:34   #10
Triple-S
How Old?

Austin - why didn't I think of putting a notice up? Doh! However, it doesn't mean much if the offending driver can't read! Will get one asap though.

Jon - I have a tow-bar, but also unblemished insurance so wouldn't even consider that. Now if I still had my tatty 240 estate I could reserve access across my drive with it like I used to. Years ago some near-neighbours bought Council services to have a white line painted across their drives to supposedly prevent such casual parking, but according to them isn't actually legally enforceable. I don't use my car much now retired but have to do standby carer work at short notice sometimes, so access imperative. The 96 year old I do can't get to the doctors without a car's services, and he wouldn't understand such delaying factors.

re my leak, I'm still not sure its the sun-roof or the windscreen corner: all I know is I have a wet drivers-side footwell. Both areas were supposedly dealt with during last years partial respray, so a search is in order. If/when I get my 740 back from my son that will be my access-guarantee again! That all depends on him getting his zero-hours work van back - winter is naturally very quiet on the pest-control front.

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote