Thread: High Mileage D3
View Single Post
Old Jan 22nd, 2018, 05:48   #2
Acer
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
I have fancied a V40 for a while but couldnt justify the depreciation doing 35k a year. I've noticed some 2013 D3s popping up at a reasonable price with 140k on the clock and it's got me thinking again. I've been running a 2007 manual S60 D5 which is now on 200k and quite happy, can I expect similar from the V40s or are there some known issues? Presumably the trusty 5cyl diesel is as reliable as ever? How do the clutch/flywheel last?

Cheers, Adam
I have read a few posts where people had clutch and/or flywheel issues with the diesel models, but can't recall if the D3 has any specific faults. End of the day you would be buying a car with 140k on the clock in only 4/5 years, hence the reasonable price, so clearly a number of parts will have been put through their paces. That is the chance you take.
Volvo V40 T4 Polestar Cross Country Lux Nav Auto | Volvo 19" alecto alloys | full leather | Volvo styling kit | Power seats | Xenium pack | Harman Kardon premium sound system | active bending headlights | Winter pack | Ice white
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Acer For This Useful Post: