Thread: The end!
View Single Post
Old Feb 11th, 2018, 21:20   #8
skyship007
Premier Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatos View Post
Oh nooooo. You can't leave this subforum. Can we help with a door? What colour is it?
Thanks for the offer, but the car is in Germany at present and they don't do freepost for doors!

I've not seen any pic's of the damage, but it must be more than a door, as the other drivers insurance company has offered 1200 Euros PLUS she can keep the car.

The TUV inspection is next month (Some kind of suspension repairs and new tyres required) which would cost at least 500 and it's only got 15K km left before the main cam belt service (Another 500 plus if done correctly).

So I've strongly suggested she take the money, cancel her insurance (Several thousand back) and use my Twingo town car.

It's a sad day in some ways and even she was upset that our beloved car has reached the end of the road, but the state of the bodywork and interior is so bad (Multiple dings, bent bumpers and trashed seats) that it would be truly nuts to keep the Volvo.

Everyone should DYOR (Do Your Own Research)
skyship007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skyship007 For This Useful Post: