View Single Post
Old Feb 18th, 2018, 12:33   #8
canis
Non Fragile

When I was a child, my father would often rant about Volvo owners. In those days, they were all the traditional 240-style estate, the only saloon models were taxis.

He'd get really passionate about it, explaining in great detail about the attitude of the Volvo drivers. "I think it's because they're built like tanks," he'd say, "they think they own the road!"

I always considered it wholly irrational. After all, it's not the car's fault, right? But today, I find myself experiencing the same loathing, but for BMW. When I'm being tailgated, it's practically always a BMW. When I'm being undertaken, it's a BMW doing it. Stationary on white zig-zags to "just nip in" to a shop, BMW. This is my observation, and I can't deny what I see.

I see that light pattern in my rear view mirror, and I'm immediately filled with dread at what outrageous maneuver they're going to perform. It's like, I have to give them extra attention because they apparently actually do believe the rules aren't applicable to them and will do something dangerous.

I realise this is irrational, but this is my experience.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote